Learn ASP.NET Core APIs delivered in its latest version of the Microsoft Framework .NET 8. This book will show you how to develop APIs with ASP.NET Core 8. Author Anthony Giretti will reveal all you need to know about HTTP protocol, REST architecture style, and ASP.NET Core 8.
You will learn what reflexes and mindset a developer must have to approach the development of an API of medium complexity. By performing CRUD operations on a SQL Server database, you will see how to set up a clean and reliable application with industry best practices (clean code, security, observability, optimization and testing).
After completing Coding Clean, Reliable, and Safe REST APIs with ASP.NET Core 8, you will be able to develop many kinds of APIs that require a senior developer level of knowledge and provide your customers with high-quality APIs.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the latest version of ASP.NET Core 8.
- Code REST APIs with minimal APIs.
- Become familiar with clean code principles.
- Optimize performances with caching, background tasks and more.
- Make APIs resilient by handling SQL and HttpClient transient errors.
- Understand the importance of observability.
- Implement Authentication and Authorization.
- Grasp OWASP principles.
- Protect sensitive data.
- Master unit testing best practices.
Who This Book Is For
Beginner and intermediate professionals wishing to build clean, reliable and safe ASP.NET Core APIs and elevate their skills to a senior developer level.