Web designers will learn how to use these technologies together and pick up valuable web programming practices along the way—including how to optimize websites for mobile devices. At the end of the book, you’ll put everything together to build a fully functional social networking site suitable for both desktop and mobile browsers.
• Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries.
• Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface.
• Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user.
• Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security.
• Use Ajax calls for background browser-server communication.
• Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills.
• Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element.
• Reformat your websites into mobile web apps.