Use SignalR to create realtime, bidirectional, and asynchronous applications based on standard web technologies.
About This Book
- Build high performance real-time web applications.
- Broadcast messages from the server to many clients simultaneously.
- Implement complex and reactive architectures.
Who This Book Is For
Different levels of developers will find this book useful. Beginners will be able to learn all the fundamental concepts of SignalR, quickly becoming productive in a difficult arena. Experienced programmers will find in this book a handy and useful collection of ready-made solutions to common use cases, which they will be able to enhance as needed. Developers can also use the book as a quick reference to the most important SignalR features. No previous practical experience either with SignalR or with real-time communication in general is required.
What You Will Learn
- Teach you how to build SignalR servers.
- Demonstrate both the Hubs API and the Persistent Connection API.
- Demystify the lifetime of a connection.
- Explain how to authorize requests.
- Scale up and scale out your SignalR applications.
- Enable you to handle errors efficiently.
- Extend SignalR with custom services.
- Solve complex real-time scenarios with the help of advanced, ready-made examples.
SignalR is a recent addition to ASP.NET, which allows you to add real-time functionalities to your applications. SignalR enables bidirectional communication between client and server over HTTP, transparently, and ensures you're always provided with the experience of a persistent connection.
SignalR Real-time Application Cookbook is a practical, hands-on guide that provides a number of clear step-by-step recipes that will gradually enable you to add SignalR as an innovative, effective, and useful item in your toolbox. This book will move from simple examples on to complex use cases, going through a comprehensive overview of the library. Other than helping out with the common tasks, at the end of the book you will find a set of ready-made solutions for more complex scenarios.