- Connect devices, store and manage data, and build powerful data visualizations.
- Integrate Grafana with other systems, such as Prometheus, OpenSearch, and LibreNMS.
- Learn about message brokers and data forwarders to send data from sensors and systems to different platforms.
Grafana is a powerful open source software that helps you to visualize and analyze data gathered from various sources. It allows you to share valuable information through unclouded dashboards, run analytics, and send notifications.
Building IoT Visualizations Using Grafana offers how-to procedures, useful resources, and advice that will help you to implement IoT solutions with confidence. You'll begin by installing and configuring Grafana according to your needs. Next, you'll acquire the skills needed to implement your own IoT system using communication brokers, databases, and metric management systems, as well as integrate everything with Grafana. You'll learn to collect data from IoT devices and store it in databases, as well as discover how to connect databases to Grafana, make queries, and build insightful dashboards. Finally, the book will help you implement analytics for visualizing data, performing automation, and delivering notifications.
By the end of this Grafana book, you'll be able to build insightful dashboards, perform analytics, and deliver notifications that apply to IoT and IT systems.
What you will learn
- Install and configure Grafana in different types of environments.
- Enable communication between your IoT devices using different protocols.
- Build data sources by ingesting data from IoT devices.
- Gather data from Grafana using different types of data sources.
- Build actionable insights using plugins and analytics.
- Deliver notifications across several communication channels.
- Integrate Grafana with other platforms.
Who this book is for
This book is for IoT developers who want to build powerful visualizations and analytics for their projects and products. Technicians from the embedded world looking to learn how to build systems and platforms using open source software will also benefit from this book. If you have an interest in technology, IoT, open source, and related subjects then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of administration tasks on Linux-based systems, IP networks and network services, protocols, ports, and related topics will help you make the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Getting started with Grafana.
- Sections, functionality, and user management..
- Connecting IoT devices.
- Data sources for Grafana.
- Storing data in time-series databases.
- Getting data and building dashboards.
- Managing plugins.
- Organizing and managing dashboards.
- Performing analytics in Grafana.
- Alerting and notifications in Grafana.
- Using Grafana with Prometheus.
- Using Grafana with Open Distro for Elasticsearch.
- Showing data from Librenms with Grafana.
- Integrations for Grafana Cloud.